Sunday 25 April 2021

Plamo: The 30 Minute Missions Rabiot (White) and Spy Drone Option Armour (Purple)


 

Well, I never technically did a "straight build" of the Rabiot, or photographed one, so here we are. I got this in as I had time off, threw it together, waffled a bit as I couldn't decide how to build it, added a gunsight, went to town with the panel lines, and then took some photos. And here they are.

 



Now, the original Rabiot armour sets were a touch unconventional, something I embraced wholeheartedly, but I acknowledge was a marmite. However this Spy Drone Armour set is something closer to the Alto add-ons, but with a higher parts count. The chest and faceplate replacements work how you would expect, but something I love is the replacement waist block. This hampers mobility, but looks so much better, I'm never taking it off. The shield also has a nice modular thing going on, and you can assemble it as a "folding" example. On the downside, while these have their own pegs now, positioning a 30MM shield remains less than ideal. It's a hair too big overall and interferes with the shoulder armour. 

 


 

Meanwhile, the Roy Roy is kinda just there. I wasn't mourning their absence with the base kit, and this version looks a little daft with its wheels. I'm not seeing a point to these, really. Then again, you can use it as a rather impressive head replacement, which goes nicely with the chest armour. I think there's definitely a future project there. If they did this set again in yellow or orange, I can see myself revisiting it.

 



So, to sum up, I'm not getting how the new bits suggests “spy drone”, but this was definitely another fun project.


No comments:

Post a Comment