And now for another installment of Project Legs11. Kinda. OK, funny story. I kinda wanted to talk about the Armageddon Boyz first. Those are the new hotness, or at least the lukewarm hotness. A marked-down sausage roll, if you will? However, I kinda wanted my existing Boyz modernised too, which would be a faster way of getting a rules legal force. So I did them first. But, due to unfortunate circumstances my regular opponent had to cancel, and I had real life issues too. So I didn't get to play or indeed finish them during my week off. But I didn't want to fall behind on the blog, this has gone from a tangent to it's own article. Lucky you, dear reader.
As it stands, I'd imagine a lot of people with pre-existing Ork armies are currently doing busywork to make their Boyz match the new datasheet. For me, this means adding a burna, big shoota, and ammo runt to each mob, while also putting the nob on a bigger base. You may also need to give the Nob a kombi-weapon of some kind, as these now replace the sluggas they used to carry. As I tended to give my nobs big choppas, this is less of an issue for me, but I'm still gonna have one guy as a "counts as". However, with Burnaboyz now gone, and the Nob unit being totally redesigned, I had a few existing burnas and runts ready to go.
The new boyz with big shootas are mainly salvaged from an abandoned killteam project, one based around dakka. They feature four varieties of big gun, one kitbashed, and one metal piece. Meanwhile, the new Ammo Runts were older grot plastics bodged together with assorted stowage. You don't really need much more than a gretchin, a big sack, a some bullets to make an ammo runt. These were then painted in my usual manner, although I did try to mix up the colour choices. The nobs were carefully re-based by trimming the lip from their 32mm base, placing them atop a 40mm, and filling the gap. This proved be an imprecise method, one with the first base fighting back, and one nob just coming off. It worked alright I suppose, although this did highlight the difference in proportions between old and new style Orks. It will do.
Up next: batch painting?



No comments:
Post a Comment