Monday 26 December 2016

So, I started modelling again.....Part 3: Its cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere

Due to both work and family commitments, December is not a great time for me to get things done. Mind you, creativity grabs me when it wants, resulting in this monstrosity.










A little context. Back in the day I was fond of Battlefleet Gothic, a somewhat insane game of space combat. Think of it as more tall ships and Admiral Nelson than fighters and Admiral Ackbar. It was on my radar due to it getting a PC game,, which I intend to get eventually, but I soon realised the rules had since passed into the public domain. Papercraft fleets were also a thing. So, me and a few mates ended up playing a game. I shan't bore you with a recap, the fleets were very unequal as it turned out, but will happily boast that I took out two ships via boarding actions, which made for a moral victory. If not actual victory. Anyway, I decided to take a stab at scratchbuilding an Ork Terrorship, and here we are. Its mainly off-brand lego, green stuff, and assorted plasticard. Some details, like the bridge come from a 1/750 destroyer kit, while the main guns are from WH40k. Scale is a worry here, but, you know, first try. And it ain't done.








Will I make of these? I don't know. Depends how much I end up playing the game. To a certain extent, you have to scratchbuild ships for BFG though. Its been out of production for years, and most of the miniatures have the mixed blessing of being metal pieces, so after market prices are a bit insane.

Mind you, working way up to an orky version of the SDF-1 Macross or the JMC Red Dwarf.....that would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment