Sunday 8 March 2020

Gunpla: Faffing about with the Action Base 5

So, here's the story, I got myself a Real Grade Tallgeese. I kinda love the Tallgeese. It was a joy to put together, and I decided to get a flight base for it, as a bird's gotta fly. The stand arrived several weeks later, only for me to discover that the Tallgeese had somehow suffered a catastrophic breakage on a key piece of the spine, splitting it in two. I don't know how this happened, but I'm pretty sure that it should not have happened, given how central it was to the kit. As you might imagine, this was somewhat of a kick to the nuts. However, this does mean I have a base going spare, so I used it for my Portanova review, and then started prating about. So here's a few shots of me trying to use it.




I'm not going to talk too deeply about the the stand, its an entirely functional device, with a variety of adapters for older/quirkier kits. Its mainly intended for a single robot at a time, although the instructions do highlight a method to handle two at once.





A quick word on the Alto, which has benefited from the “Arm Unit Rifle & Large Claw Weapon Set”, which offers a few arm/hand replacements. With the rifle, you can plug the main barrel into a segment with a side-handle and stand, giving something of a "squad support weapon" feel. I felt it worked for a Sniper Alto, although the fit of parts is a little loose. Do however be mindful of the claw, as I reversed a part by mistake, and things went a bit wrong. Before you ask: no, this isn't what happened to the Tallgeese. Not a part you can reverse, yes? ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment