Tuesday 30 January 2024

Project Tankbustas: Part 5

Part 5, sorry, its a brief one.Things have been a bit of a rollercoaster since part 4, I must say.


OK, sometimes you try something, in the knowledge that it is an interim step, and it just don't work. I had planned to experiment in Das Clay, and hopefully learn something useful. The main thing I learned was that Das Clay behaves very differently from green stuff, and probably just isn't meant for 28mm sculpture. It's not without its merits as a material, scenery for example, but it's ill-suited for this project. A shame, as clay is the classical material for prototypes. Anyways, I moved on to stage 6, and tried to freeform a Squig. Here I made a crude armature from wire and tinfoil, and proceeded to feel things out.

 

 

My habit for rushed hyper fixation was evident almost immediately with this guy, as I initially just wanted to get a base layer of putty on, but I ended up going for a face. And applying a half-remembered technique for fur. Not bad for a first try, I suppose, although he looks more surprised than anything. My second attempt used thinner wire, but more pre-existing bits in its construction. I used a bead and a water pistol bit for the main body, and some round bits for the eyes. This was more immediately pleasing than the first, although it ended up with a derpy pug look. I added fur and other details later on. Kinda liking it TBH, maybe I'll paint it for next week. 

 



As I'm still feeling this out, I don't have a huge amount to say here. So here's some in-progress pics, hopefully I'll have something more substantive next week. Cheers for now.

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment