Wednesday 3 April 2024

Gaslands: Ork Evil Sunz (AKA Idris) Team


First off, some house-keeping. I'm holding off on starting another long term project for now. I have ideas, but I don't want to rush headlong into something half-baked. If/when I do start, I'm going to be posting updates of a Wednesday, so as to better manage my time. As As I am still running far ahead on Sunday articles, Wednesday will feature overspill and such in the meantime. Or things I'd rather speak about sooner, like today's article.



This latest Gaslands exercise arose out of a realisation that my vehicle pool wasn't very varied, and it might be more fun for new players if I offered more choice. So I rummaged through my bits, worked out an Idris team roster, and decided to paint them Evil Sunz red. As this almost entirely came from pre-existing gubbins, the materials and techniques in use here get a bit varied, but nothing radically new. As a side effect, I don't think anything here is in exactly the same scale as anything else, or sometimes with itself, but hopefully nobody will notice.



The first car "Not-so-Mini" was a Matchbox toy I picked up at TFN, and the most conventional of the three. This build relied on the Instruments of Carnage sprue for its engine and one gun, while the turret is a resin orc piece by Ramshackle Games. It is also covered with a variety of scratchbuild materials; wire mesh, scrap plastic, EVA foam, and foil. I visualise this car as one sticking to the middle of the pack, shooting at people, before suddenly hitting the nitro on the final lap.




"The Buggle" is a scratchbuild buggy of the same basic design as this one from a month or so back. This one features a more elaborate rollcage and a frontend off one of a bunch of really cheap toy cars I found in a charity shop. I felt they were going to be great for buggies, but these were made of translucent plastic that was very brittle. I salvaged a useful bit, before reverting to my original design. The weapon is off the Carnage sprue, with the crew and exhausts being Ramshackle Games resin again.




Finally, "Git Rida" is mainly the plastic bike from the Carnage sprue, but made orky. The head is off a Ramshackle Games bit, with the body built up with greenstuff in an attempt to improve the proportions. I then went a bit old school, adding warbike-style twin shootas out back. It worked out fairly well, as long as you don't stare at it too closely.



This was a fairly relaxing little project, which achieved it's aims. Job's a good 'un.

No comments:

Post a Comment