Sunday 25 October 2020

Plamo: The Orktober Terror Ship (Battlefleet Gothic)



 

Well, its the last Sunday of Orktober, so here's the finished model I started a few weeks back. I've not got a huge amount to say here, as the previous articles largely covered the creative process. Such as it was. I free-form stuff like this, a process both helped and hindered by a lack of materials and forgetfulness.






On the plus side: I feel that I can move onto more involved projects, as it does a good job of capturing a fundamental Orkyness, while obviously being a carrier ship of some kind. I have been told it resembles a ship from Star Fleet, which wasn't intended, but is flattering. On the minus side: I goofed with the Nuln Oil wash and ended up making this MUCH darker than I wanted. Things eventually got to the point where I decided to stop messing with it, for fear of compounding a mistake, which I have done before. That brings the painted fleet registry to 3 Kroozers, 25 Ramships, and 6 Onslaughts. It seems I'd forgotten that I had a functional fleet ready to go...




Future projects? Well, I have that incomplete Kroozer, and a 60% done Hammer class. Those are probably doable now that I've had a bits delivery, but I'm not feeling it. I may end up scrapping them both for parts, as I'm rolling in ship hulls and plastic gubbinz just now. Alternatively, I do have a “Gorbag's Revenge”. The more immediate project is however gonna be, probably, a trio of Onslaughts from the bag of cheapo ships...

 


 


Or another Gunpla.


No comments:

Post a Comment