Sunday 8 May 2022

Plamo: The CPLT-C1 Catapult (BattleTech, Catalyst Game Labs, “dubious”)

 

Along with the Blackjack, the Catapult is a battlemech I know mainly from the Tex Talks Battletech series of sweary-but-raises-cash-for-charity video essays. It's a little hard to top that summary, but it did endear the Catapult to me. It's almost iconic really, a platonic ideal of the whole "chicken walker" Concept. Sometimes, you just need missiles in an uncomplicated delivery system that can run if it needs to. In related news, I now want a Warhammer or two. 

 


This model is categorised as "dubious" as it comes from another eBay auction that had the look of the grey market about it, although this had a more professional listing this time. This, and a Wolverine I'll be talking about next, came with their own bases, which was a plus, but also a bit of flash. The basic design seems I'll-suited to a plastic this malleable, so I had to use hot water to correct things, but otherwise this was no worse than my first one.



I’ll get to the point: I'm really pleased with this one. Its at the point where I could go further to correct some imperfections, but I don’t want to risk spoiling it. I stepped back from the two-tone green idea and instead went for the olive drab I used on the Heavy Lance. Citadel Moot Green is prominently used on the launcher doors, but otherwise its Vallejo dark grey and leather brown for detailing. Meanwhile, a liberal application of the Citadel Contrast Iyanden Yellow came out good with the cockpit glass. Its fine. Possibly the best I’ve done so far.



Up next: the Wolverine.

No comments:

Post a Comment