Sunday 16 April 2023

Gaslands: Orks! Evil Suns Ones! In Tiny Cars!



And now presenting another instalment of my Gaslands hyper-fixation. And yes, its more Orks. Today's theme is however Evil Sunz rather than Deathskulls, which I suppose was another inevitability given the Red Team of a few months ago. Mechanically, these are an Idris sponsored team, which like the Evil Sunz is known for its cult/kult of speed. I opted for two Performance Cars, rather than Buggies, as I’m trying to find a good way of making the latter. I also opted for machine guns and dropper weapons, as I felt it fitted the theme. Both cars were Teamsterz, using the Ramshackle Games Orc kit and while the techniques used were basically the same as the Deathskulls, weapons and construction presented their own challenges.



The first one “Fast Enuff” is actually my first convertible, something I’d just not done before, mainly due to a lack of suitable crew models. Well, I have those now, so I spent an embarrassing about of time forcing one in. I found one I liked and cut away at the interior to make it fit, eventually cutting away the slot for the windscreen. The sensible thing to do would have been to merely use a smaller one instead, but I was committed to using that one. Eventually it fit. And I’m glad I made the effort, because it looks like he’s living his best life. The choice of the base car also proved serendipitous as once I’ve put a few teeth on it it looked quite fearsome. I’ve heard/read before that car frontends are designed to resemble faces on some level, to appear aggressive as a marketing thing for example, and that came through here. Meanwhile I used resin pieces wrapped in wire for the dropper and nitro canister, with the heavy machine gun being another resin bit plus water pistol innards. I’m very happy with this one, it turned out great.

 

 

The second ”Fasta-den U” was actually the first car I selected for this whole orky Gaslands bit, a similar vehicle being found on the same page as the Idris rules. This one however put up a fight. I bent the roof up so the driver was more easily seen and sought to paint before re-assembly. This prompted a number of difficulties, like plastic bits breaking, the things not fitting properly and of course gluing myself to it like a muppet. It worked out OK in the end, but it looked iffy for a while there. Weapons were a touch simpler as a result, the dropper being the same as above, no reinventing the wheel, and I made a light machine gun from an Ork Slugga. Mechanically, I view this one as carrying more nitro, and thus the driver isn’t as fussed about the gun. Painting was in the same manner as above, and arguably looks even dirtier.

 


 

I think I’m getting kinda good at this…

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment