Tuesday 13 February 2024

Project Tankbusta: Part 7


 

Righty, I think we can call this the finale.


So, with the squad as a whole looking pretty good, I moved onto painting. This is probably the least interesting part of the project, as I have honed in on techniques that work for me. I'm sure I will eventually try more involved methods for orks, but I start from the assumption that whatever method I use has to be time and energy-efficient. If you have to paint dozens of the bastards, you need a way that neither bores you or drives you mad, and that's something I’ve struggled with, historically. So I went for my usual method of drybrush, wash and stippling. Painting the eyes on the squigs was something of a pain, but I got them done.




With that briefly addressed, now to review the project as a whole. The entire point of this was to build up my greenstuff sculpting skills, and I think I can honestly call that a success. I've earned my "Beginners Merit Badge", and in organising the project how I did, I didn't bite off more than I could chew. Progress was bumpy around the Das Clay stage, I admit, but I think my overall approach was sound. There are still many things I need to learn, with full humanoid figures and faces being somewhere in the future. But I feel I can get there. I didn’t have that before.




By coincidence, I actually have this week off, so it won’t be long before I start the next project. Expect an introduction this Thursday. 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment